IP protocol Not working properly

Mindspeed Comcerto 2000 based
greenwitch

IP protocol Not working properly

Post by greenwitch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi,

I have problem with my zyxel nas 542:
IP protocol stopped working properly. Both interfaces do not accept addresses through DHCP protocol. It sends discover message but not reply properly for dhcp offer and do not assign proposed address. Then it sets up automatic address from ip poll 169.254.x.y so i can sniff it and connect. But when I setup manual address on second interface i cannot reach it. NAS do not respond to ARP requests for manually configured address. I have tried many times to reset to default settings - it does not help. Temoved HDD drives and reset - does not help. Cannot to upgrade because I have latest version. Does anybody have any idee how to fix it, beside sending for warranty repair/exchange?

Adam

Mijzelf

Re: IP protocol Not working properly

Post by Mijzelf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:21 am

Did the problem start with the latest upgrade? In that case you can try to downgrade (and file a bug on zyxel.com if that helps). Downgrade.

It seems ICMP messages are not coming through. If you want to investigate that, you can create an Entware-ng-stick, install tcpdump, and use it to create a dumpfile which can be shown in wireshark.

greenwitch

Re: IP protocol Not working properly

Post by greenwitch » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 am

It started when I removed phpmyadmin package...
Thanks for the tip.
I will try to downgrade!

Adam