Hi every one, I previously own a NSA 325 from zyxel and I've found lots of information on your forum, I just bought a ix4-300d from lenovo iomega emc2. My goal is to install full debian like I did with NSA325, but it seem like there are not a lot of information for this has. SO I though I could contribute here if other are interested in this NAS.
Why I selected this has:
- first it's a cheap 4 bay has (you can get it for <200euros delivered in europe)
- second it has 4 real data port handled by a marvel chip (yes it's an old SATA II 88SX7042) but at least there 4 independent data connector, not like most of the cheap 4 bay has using port multiplier ...
- it features a quite descent CPU dual core armada-xp, and from what I was able to achieve with the single core kirkwood it should be ok)
- it has a nice front panel lcd (which I hope I would be able to use from bar debian)
- at last lenovo seems to partially play fair and provide kernel and u-boot patch as part of GPL license terms
What I've found so far:
- I was able to compile a linux 3.0.29 patched with lenovo patch
- I was able to enable SSH to backup firmware and root partition (go to lenovoip/manage/diagnostics.html enable ssh, type password, save, then the trick is that the password you entered is appended with "soho" so 123 becomes "soho123"
- Lenovo firmware binary from their website is salted/encrypted gzip (question is can we get the password from the has update procedure?)
- there is support for armada-xp-db and very similar netgear 2120 has in the mainline kernel, I was able to compil a kernel merging the 3.0.29 config file with one of the default configfile from mainline, yet it is too early to know if lenovo boot support device tree, which one to use, write a ix4-300 version etc... I'll need serial / u-boot access for this (work in progress)
some information from ssh access:
Code: Select all
root@ix4-300d:/# cat /proc/cpuinfo Processor : Marvell PJ4Bv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l) processor : 0 BogoMIPS : 1332.01 processor : 1 BogoMIPS : 1332.01 Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp vfpv3 CPU implementer : 0x56 CPU architecture: 7 CPU variant : 0x2 CPU part : 0x584 CPU revision : 2 Hardware : Marvell Armada XP Development Board Revision : 0000 Serial : 0000000000000000
Code: Select all
root@ix4-300d:/# fw_printenv baudrate=115200 loads_echo=0 rootpath=/mnt/ARM_FS/ netmask=255.255.255.0 console=console=ttyS0,115200 mtdids=nand0=armada-nand CASset=min sata_delay_reset=0 MALLOC_len=5 ethprime=egiga0 bootargs_root=root=/dev/ram rw bootargs_end=:::DB88FXX81:eth0:none image_name=uImage serverip=192.168.1.100 ipaddr=192.168.1.2 bootdelay=7 loadpath=initrd.img ramdisk_size=4194304 ramdisk_size_f=12582912 ramdisk_name=initrd.img uver=v220.127.116.11 mfgmodel=IX4-300D autoload=yes ubin=0301 env_off=0xe0000 env1_off=0x100000 kernel_start=0x120000 initrd_start=0x520000 kernel_size=0x400000 initrd_size=0x400000 mtdparts=mtdparts=armada-nand:0xe0000@0x0(uboot),0x20000@0xe0000(env),0x20000@0x100000(env2),0x400000@0x120000(zImage),0x400000@0x520000(initrd),0x3F200000@0xE00000(boot),0x40000000@0x0(flash) standalone=fsload 0x2000000 $image_name;setenv bootargs $console $mtdparts root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw ip=$ipaddr:$serverip$bootargs_end; bootm 0x2000000; eth2addr=00:50:43:00:00:02 eth3addr=00:50:43:02:00:00 mv_pon_addr=00:50:43:02:00:00 ethmtu=1500 eth1mtu=1500 eth2mtu=1500 eth3mtu=1500 mvNetConfig=mv_net_config=2,(00:50:43:11:11:11,0:1),mtu=1500 usb0Mode=host usb1Mode=host usb2Mode=device usbActive=0 yuk_ethaddr=00:00:00:EE:51:81 nandEcc=1bit netretry=yes rcvrip=169.254.100.100 loadaddr=0x02000000 eeeEnable=no lcd0_enable=0 lcd0_params=640x480-16@60 lcd_panel=0 ethact=egiga0 stdin=serial stdout=serial stderr=serial enaMonExt=no enaCpuStream=no enaClockGating=no enaWrAllo=no pexMode=RC disL2Cache=yes MPmode=SMP cacheShare=no setL2CacheWT=no disL2Prefetch=yes enaICPref=yes enaDCPref=yes enaFPU=yes sata_dma_mode=yes netbsd_en=no vxworks_en=no amp_enable=no disaMvPnp=no enaAutoRecovery=yes pcieTune=no serial_number=xxxxxxxxxxxx opid=xxxxxxxxxx ethaddr=00:D0:B8:25:38:4D serialNo=EUE040VJA1 eth1addr=00:D0:B8:25:38:4E modelname=32042301 serialno=xxxxxxxxxxx mfgtest_state=final_tested_ok runintime=14400 ftp_serverip=192.168.32.4 ftp_log_user=runinlog ftp_log_password=123 ftp_log_dir=storagelogs/soclogs/partlogs/IX4-300D/runin ftp_pass_user=qrypass ftp_pass_password=123 ftp_pass_dir=socquery ftp_qry_user=qrypass ftp_qry_password=123 ftp_qry_dir=socquery