General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm 

Hi all,
As you know we have a relationship with various communities so that we can realistically provide and pay for infrastructure for our sites, services and projects. These are communities such as NSLU2, OpenEmbedded, WebOS-Internals and others.

Over time the senior members of the comminity have come together and formed a team of administrators to oversee the provisioning and management of these resources between the communities known as the NAS-Admin team. Currently I represent the community here on this team.

To help serve us better they will become more involved in helping us manage NAS-Central/foonas site changes at the server level - I hope to work with you and them to provide a workflow to get site updates, fixes and changes happening more quickly and with other senior members of the community as often I can't respond as quickly as I would like!

Also with the upcoming infrastructure changes with the new server at OSUOSL we announced recently they will be working with us to deliver a more reliable experience on better hardware.

In the short term this means some downtime while we migrate the nas-central and foonas VMs - as soon as we schedule this we will let you know - although it may be short notice so if you notice all the sites are down, you know whats up.

More information coming soon!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 pm 

In addition I just submitted some text so we will be listed on the OSL communities page, with various other open source communities and NAS-Admin managed projects.

http://osuosl.org/services/hosting/communities

I'm not sure when it will be posted but hopefully it won't be too long!