General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:28 am 

You're welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 am 

And a big thank you for updating the Syncthing package! I tried it myself a couple of days ago but failed miserably :oops: cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:11 am 

Quick question whether you can fix the script about FFP USB (firmware tweaks). I mean that if I connect the USB drive local (eg. ssd 24GB the USB adapter) can not move packages, USB drive is not detected, and it does not matter whether it is formatted as FAT32 or NTFS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:55 pm 

Hello!

I have some problem to install MetaRepository to my NAS. I factory reset all my settings and i want to reinstall the MetaRepository in order to install ffp 0.7 .

I watched all the steps for the first page. I put on the \\zyxel-nas\admin\zy-pkgs the web_prefix file only with this line

http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/

After that I press the "Retrieve List From Internet", the MetaRepository does't display :( . I restart my NAS and i try again .Does't work. Do you have other solutions to install MetaRepository ? I have firmware 4.81, installed on my NAS.

Later post:
I install the ffp 0.7 on a stick. I made some checks and figure that i have some old files in this location:

Code:
root@NSA325-v2:/usr/local/zy-pkgs/config# ls
Darkstat        MidnightCommander  OwnCloudDataPath      RandomTools  Transmission  anyterm  ffp
MetaRepository  MuninLite          PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin  SSH          Tweaks        btsync   ownCloud

Why i have this files in the usr folder ? I factory reset all the data.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 pm 

Did you create the web_prefix file yourself, or did you download it? The package manager is a bit picky on line endings.
Further, does the NAS has internet access? Can you install packages from the ZyXEL repo? Can you ping downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org from the NAS?
Quote:
I install the ffp 0.7 on a stick. I made some checks and figure that i have some old files in this location:

Code:
root@NSA325-v2:/usr/local/zy-pkgs/config# ls
Darkstat        MidnightCommander  OwnCloudDataPath      RandomTools  Transmission  anyterm  ffp
MetaRepository  MuninLite          PHP-MySQL-phpMyAdmin  SSH          Tweaks        btsync   ownCloud

Why i have this files in the usr folder ? I factory reset all the data.
A factory reset doesn't touch the files on disk. The previously installed packages are still there, only the NAS has 'forgotten' they are there, and won't start/use them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 pm 

Hello Mijzelf!

Thank you for your quick respons :)

Yes I have internet connection ;) In try to download the web_prefix to the second hdd. Apparently the main admin folder is on the sencond HDD .
Code:
/i-data/95e4bcbf/admin/zy-pkgs # wget http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/web_prefix
--04:16:54--  http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/web_prefix
           => `web_prefix'
Resolving downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org... 140.211.169.172
Connecting to downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org[140.211.169.172]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 65 [application/octet-stream]

100%[=========================================================================================================================>] 65            --.--K/s

04:16:54 (634.77 KB/s) - `web_prefix' saved [65/65]

I press again the refresh button and It seems like the MetaRepositosy package has appeared .
Code:
/i-data/95e4bcbf/admin/zy-pkgs # ls
MetaRepository  ZYPKGS          web_prefix

I successfully install the MetaRepositosy and ffp 0.7v004 .
Now i have another problem, I restart my NAS and the sshd.sh don't start automatically
I have granted full rights to sshd.sh and nothing.

Code:
root@Silax-Cloud:/ffp/start# ls -altr
total 64K
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4.0K Jun 28 20:47 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Jun 29 17:27 .
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1.6K Dec 28  2011 nfsd.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  223 Dec 29  2011 lighttpd.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  229 Dec 29  2011 kickwebs.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  160 Dec 30  2011 portmap.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   35 Jan 13  2012 SERVERS.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   52 Jan 13  2012 LOGIN.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  169 Jan 21  2012 telnetd.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  203 Jan 21  2012 inetd.sh
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 4.7K Sep  7  2015 sshd.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4.1K Nov 19  2016 rsyncd.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 5.6K Jun 11 10:42 transmission.sh
root@Silax-Cloud:/ffp/start# sh sshd.sh start
Starting sshd...done! [ OK ]

Do you know why ? Every time i restart or shutdown the NAS a have to manually start sshd.sh,

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 am 

silax wrote:
Do you know why ?
Have a look in the FFP bootlog. You can find it in /i-data/md0/admin/zy-pkgs/ffp/ (or in \\<NAS>\admin\zy-pkgs\ffp\)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:33 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
silax wrote:
Do you know why ?
Have a look in the FFP bootlog. You can find it in /i-data/md0/admin/zy-pkgs/ffp/ (or in \\<NAS>\admin\zy-pkgs\ffp\)

Finally i successfully install properly ssh. I delete all the files/folder from /i-data/md0/admin/zy-pkgs/ and i Reinstall ffp.
Thanks Mijzelf for your support 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:55 pm 

NAS326 went on sale for $80 this week, so I snapped one up. Trying to get more linux-like experience on the NAS so I can run let's encrypt from the command line.

This is a NAS326 with firmware 5.21

Followed instructions at the top of this post. I downloaded the web_prefix to install MetaRespository. I installed RandomTools and then tried to install FFP a few times. Every time FFP is enabled, it causes a spinning wheel that never goes way, no matter how long I wait. (See image below) So far the only solution is to pull my disks and format them so the NAS thinks they're new. Fortunately I'm only just setting this up for the first time, so no data loss.

Does anyone know how I can enable FFP in a way that it doesn't freeze the control panel? The file shares still work and I can SSH in, but anytime I load the interface I get that spinning wheel.

...Alternately, if someone could please tell me how to disable FFP from SSH so I don't have to pull the drives and format them just to get into my interface again, that would be great.

Thank you! :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:56 pm 

Hi,

That's a known bug, but unfortunately we don't know what part of FFp cause that... So You have to disable the package each time, when You want to do sg on the webinterface. Or install FFp onto an USB stick/use Entware-ng instead of FFp. The decision is Yours! ;)

Use the
Code:
/i-data/sysvol/.PKG/ffp/etc/init.d/ffp disable
to completely disable start of the FFp package. But bear in mind, the changes only affects, when You do a reboot (for example with the reboot command).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am 

I have a problem with my NSA310.
Fw.: 4.40(AFK.0)

Just downloaded the web_prefix file and move to /admin/zy-pkgs/
Currently, there are no packages. Please use "Retrieve List From Internet" to update package list.

What can i do?
I want to install FFP and Transmission.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:17 pm 

Does the NAS have a proper DNS and gateway?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
Does the NAS have a proper DNS and gateway?

Yes, i think. I use static IP and default gateway and DNS is my router IP address. 192.168.1.1
I attach a picture from TCP/IP options.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 am 

That could be OK. If you remove the web_prefix file, you can fetch a package list? In that case
  • the file is recognized correctly.
  • The box has proper internet access.
And in that case I can think of only 2 reasons why it wouldn't work:
  • The web_prefix file is damaged. It should contain a valid URL to the repo page (if you paste the contents in the address bar of your browser it should lead you there) followed by a linefeed. (Linux style lineend).
  • For some reason downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org is unreachable for your nas. DNS? Can you reach it from another device in the same network, using the same DNS?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm 

Mijzelf wrote:
That could be OK. If you remove the web_prefix file, you can fetch a package list? In that case
  • the file is recognized correctly.
  • The box has proper internet access.
And in that case I can think of only 2 reasons why it wouldn't work:
  • The web_prefix file is damaged. It should contain a valid URL to the repo page (if you paste the contents in the address bar of your browser it should lead you there) followed by a linefeed. (Linux style lineend).
  • For some reason downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org is unreachable for your nas. DNS? Can you reach it from another device in the same network, using the same DNS?

If i delete web_prefix file and fetch a package list, i see 15 program on the list. (attachment: package-list, 2.)
The box has internet connection. I'm now login at ssh on the NAS. (because i have ffp on pendrive)
I download web_prefix file with this command:
Code:
cd /i-data/md0/admin/zy-pkgs/

If i check this URL i can see the webpage. (attachment: zyxel-repo, 1.)
Code:
wget http://downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org/Users/Mijzelf/zypkg-repo/web_prefix

(after i can see two files in zy-pkgs folder: web_prefix AND ZYPKGS)
I create a little test with this code:
Code:
ping downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org

That was the response:
PING downloads.zyxel.nas-central.org (140.211.169.172): 56 data bytes
ping: permission denied (are you root?)

I think it is good... I will check the DNS information in other device too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next