Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FFP on the ix2-200 CE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm 

I wrote an Application to install FFP on the ix2-200 CE:
http://iomega.nas-central.org/wiki/Application:FFP

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm 

Thanks for this I installed FFP on my IX2-200 over the weekend, working great and really opened up what I can do with it.

Tried running Plex, the arm build seems rather buggy at present and the performance of the NAS lets it down a little.

Transmission is running well and big improvement on the built in client.

One slight issue though, my NAS Administrator account no longer works for FTP. If I remove FFP it works again, checked it a couple of times to be sure. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm 

The only interference I can think of is the user shell. The startscript changes the shell of both root and admin from /bin/sh to /ffp/bin/sh, mainly to get the FFP environment enabled. Maybe ftp does something with this shell?
You can edit /etc/passwd to change the admin shell back, and see if this is indeed causing the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:52 pm 

Hi,

I realize this is an old post but thought it the best place to raise questions around installing FFP.

I previously had FFP installed and Plex running happily, then I foolishly updated to the latest firmware for the ix2 (4.1.102.29716). AT first things seemed OK, FFP was still reported as installed and I could access via ssh OK, the only thing that was wrong was that Plex wasn't auto starting at boot any longer. However, a week whilst trying to find a solution to that problem I booted the NAS and noticed that the FFP directory was completely gone? No idea what was going on!

I tried updating the application from the application manager but no dice, so I thought I'd try starting from square one and deleted the application in application manager. Now when I try to install FFP in Application Manager it tells me that the application is in an invalid format.

Looks like the lifeline SDK must have been updated and no longer allows old applications to be installed.

Looking for a way to either

- install FFP again on firmware 4.1.102.29716 and then also Plex
- revert the firmware and start again.

Is there a way I can achieve either of the above?

Cheers
R

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:19 pm 

I have had feedback that ffp cannot longer be installed on fw 4.1+, but you are the first to report that it's automagically uninstalled.

About the package, at the moment I'm trying to download the new SDK, to see if I can find some obvious differences. Unfortunately the newest fw for my ix2-200 is 3.2, so I can't test things.

You write that you have an 'ix2'. I guess that is the ix2-ng. In that case it should be possible to downgrade using a 'recovery stick'. This will damage your data. You can use the file for the ezmedia here. Extract the zipfile to an USB stick of at least 2GB, FAT formatted. You will have a directory emctools/hm3_images/, rename that to emctools/ix2-ng_images/. Plug the stick in the nas, and power it up with the reset button pressed. You can release the button when there is a lot of activity on the stick, or after a minute, when the stick has no led.
When everything works, the box should shutdown after 5~30 minutes (depending on the access speed of the stick).

Again: this will damage your data!