General NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the NAS community
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 pm
Posts: 3
I crashed my D2 HDD so i tried to replace it it with an old one (no partition on it).

Once changed, i started the D2 was able to ping it. I tried to "update capsule" with Lacie network manager software and of course, it did not work :cry: .

So i decided (one more error :oops: ) to reset the D2 with this : http://www.lacie.com/us/support/support ... ticle=1395

now i've no more network on it. My DHCP can't assign an IP address anymore.

so, i've 2 questions:

1/ is the chip dead ? is it flashable ?
2/ could anyone with a working one could contact me and upload some files i need to repair it ?

Thank you for your help.

ZeGlouton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 am
Posts: 112
Location: near Toulouse, France
zeglouton wrote:
I crashed my D2 HDD so i tried to replace it it with an old one (no partition on it).

Once changed, i started the D2 was able to ping it. I tried to "update capsule" with Lacie network manager software and of course, it did not work :cry: .

So i decided (one more error :oops: ) to reset the D2 with this : http://www.lacie.com/us/support/support ... ticle=1395

now i've no more network on it. My DHCP can't assign an IP address anymore.
First I don't have a D2 and I know nothing about it, so I am assuming it is similar to an EDminiV2.
However it sounds as if it boots Linux from flash whereas the EDminiV2 boots Linux from the disk. Is this correct?
zeglouton wrote:
1/ is the chip dead ? is it flashable ?
It is probably not dead.
Your best hope is to attach a serial console to find out what's going on.
Guessing from your photo of the back, the 8 pin header at the top right could be the same serial console connections as for the EDminiV2.
But so could the 8 solder pads at the bottom right :(
If you can get into U-Boot, you should be able to recover.
zeglouton wrote:
2/ could anyone with a working one could contact me and upload some files i need to repair it ?
You could also try asking on the LaCie NAS mailing list here.

HTH,

Cheers,
Chris


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 pm
Posts: 3
First, thanks four your help, i'm sure it's gonna be helpful.

I bought a max232 chip and with plans i found (google is my friend), i will make a serial cable. As soon as i can connect (or not :( ), i tell you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 am
Posts: 112
Location: near Toulouse, France
zeglouton wrote:
I bought a max232 chip and with plans i found (google is my friend), i will make a serial cable.
Instead of a serial console you could try CLUNC.
CLUNC is a netconsole that you can get here.
I think it is worth a try even if you are having network problems.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 pm
Posts: 3
rosbif wrote:
CLUNC is a netconsole that you can get here.
I think it is worth a try even if you are having network problems.




with the command "./clunc -i 192.168.83.5 -m 00:d0:xx:xx:xx:xx -v", i get a "cannot find clunc-open, try make..."

i installed clunc 1b77a4c version

i'll search the forum later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:23 am
Posts: 112
Location: near Toulouse, France
zeglouton wrote:
with the command "./clunc -i 192.168.83.5 -m 00:d0:xx:xx:xx:xx -v", i get a "cannot find clunc-open, try make..."
Strange :?
I have never used CLUNC so I cannot help you much.
You could try asking on the LaCie-NAS mailing list here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group