- - An USB flash drive with a minimun of 2 Mb Free
- - The Webshell.cgi
- - 1 Beer
1.) Plug your USB flash drive in your Plextor StorX
2.) Open the USB flash drive as a share unit, for example in windows explorer type \\[your_plextor_ip]\P2_B_1
3.) Create a directory with the name webshell into the USB flash drive
4.) Uncompress the webshell.zip into the webshell directory
5.) Rename the uncompressed file webshell to webshell.cgi
6.) Access to your public share directory of your Plextor StorX (\\[you_plextor_ip]\public) and create a directory with the name "heineken"
7.) Access to the Plextor StorX control panel with firefox (http://[your_plextor_ip])
8.) In the control panel go to BackUp option
9.) Click on "Add a Backup Job"
10.) Select for backup source your USB flash drive (in my plextor is Local:P2_B_1), and next select the webshell directory
11.) Select for backup destination "Local:public"
12.) Open the firebug panel clicking in the firebug icon (You can find it in the right bottom corner of firefox). See the icon to click:
13.) Click on the Firebug Inspector Icon (You can find it in the top left corner of the Firebug panel). See the icon to click:
14.) Select the backup destination subdirectory selector (The box where you can read "-- Please select a subdirectory --")
15.) In the Firebug panel you can see the select field, now you must expand it clicking in the "plus" icon. See the select field expanded with the heineken directory:
16.) Change value "heineken" for "../../../../web" like the next picture:
17.) Close the Firebug panel
18.) Select the Heineken directory from the subdirectory selector (The box where you can read "-- Please select a subdirectory --")
Next you must see a screen like this:
19.) Now click in "Add" Button and you must see a screen like this:
20.) Click in the "Go" button and take your beer from the fridge or wait 10 seconds. After of this 10 seconds you can view the log clicking in the "VL" button.
21.) Now go to http://[your_plextor_ip]/BackUp/local/single/webshell/webshell.cgi?passwd -d root, and you the web browser must respond: "Password changed."
22.) Go to http://[your_plextor_ip]/BackUp/local/single/webshell/webshell.cgi?/usr/sbin/telnetd
24.) Now you can access to your plextor using telnet. You must use the name and password of a user previosly created in the control panel.
25.) Open and drink your beer.
- Is very important copy the webshell and rename it using your Plextor Storx with samba because internally when we rename the file samba change the group of the file. This group change is very important because thttpd now allow execute the webshell.cgi (Please follow the guidelines strictly).
- In the webshell.zip you can find also the source code programmed in C. Perhaps you can use it for other NAS system. I recommend use codesourcery for compile this code for other architecture. The webshell binary was compiled for arm-feroceon (-mtune=marvell-f). The code is a little dirty because I don't have enought time for make my code beauty.
- Perhaps you can view your external USB flash drive with other name as P2_B_2 or Port2_B_2, don't worry for this use this name.
- Becareful with with lower and uppercases, linux is case sensitive.
- Undertake this operations at your own risk!