Hd replacement

thefrench

Hd replacement

Post by thefrench » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi all,

I took a look in the differnce discussion but did not find any information on haw to disassemble the Hard drive. I opent the NAs box (Iomega Ez backup). I open it on both end. Then I tried to take out the hard drive but it doesnt come out.

I attached on this post 2 pictures of my nas so you can maybe help me.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
I am doing this because the HD crashed and I cannot read anymore de data on the Disk. I am planning to plug the Hd to a pc with linux installed and then I will try to reconver the data with DDrescue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

optimuslem

Re: Hd replacement

Post by optimuslem » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:09 pm

has 3 screws, 2 down into the base and one at the rear

sry for my english

thefrench

Post by thefrench » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:08 pm

sorry but I really don't see the screws you talk about. can you help me please ?

fixxxer

Post by fixxxer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:19 am

thefrench wrote:sorry but I really don't see the screws you talk about. can you help me please ?
Here are marked:

1) Back of the NAS (2 screws):
screws01.jpg
2) Bottom of the NAS (2 screws):
screws02.jpg
3) Hard Disk Tray (2 screws):
screws03.jpg
I hope these help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thefrench

Post by thefrench » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:47 am

THANK YOU VERRY MUCH "fixxxer"

I didnt se one of the screx that was screws that was hidden by the serial number sticker.
I had only unscrexed one of the 2 screws that are located at the bottom of the unit.

thanks a lot !!!!!
My hard disk phsysical extraction is solved, now i am going forward to the software part to try DDrescue the data of the disk.

THANKS A LOT

fixxxer

Post by fixxxer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:55 pm

thefrench wrote:THANK YOU VERRY MUCH "fixxxer"

I didnt se one of the screx that was screws that was hidden by the serial number sticker.
I had only unscrexed one of the 2 screws that are located at the bottom of the unit.

thanks a lot !!!!!
My hard disk phsysical extraction is solved, now i am going forward to the software part to try DDrescue the data of the disk.

THANKS A LOT
You're welcome! ;)